Monday, March 30, 2009

A Few Random Thoughts

Here are a few random items and thoughts from the past few days.

Saturday was Grandma Floyd's memorial. Special Thanks to Marilee and Laura for coordinating such a warm and pleasant gathering. (Even if the day was frigidly cold.) I am sure Grandma would have loved the wonderful stories that were told and she would have especially loved to see so many family members gathered together.

I wasn't feeling especially well that day, which of course makes sense because I started my vacation on Friday. I figure I have some bad Karma stored up over something despite my best efforts to keep it clear.

Yesterday was our 15th wedding anniversary. 15 years married to the only person on the planet that makes sense. Kinda makes you jealous, doesn't it? Well, she is mine so BACK OFF! I could go off on a sappy pseudo-romantic rant of how wonderful Maxine is and what a wonderful life she has given me so far but anyone that knows us already hears the gory details on a daily basis so I will spare you here. Suffice it to say, she is perfect for me and everything I ever hoped for. 'Nuff said.

I felt so lousy yesterday that we didn't go out for our anniversary. Instead, the 5 of us went out to dinner together. We had some great laughs and told fun stories about the last (almost) 17 years we have been together. Our kids are so damn much fun it makes me question why parents go out without their kids.

We rescheduled our date for Saturday night. I have no idea what we are going to do yet but we hope to go somewhere "dress-upy" so Maxine can wear her new smokin' hot dress. Did I mention that it is amazingly hot on her? I don't know that I will be able to keep my grubby paws off her long enough to consume a meal.

Anywho, more to come soon.

2 comments:

  1. Dawnita Floyd (mom)March 31, 2009 at 1:54 AM

    Congrats on the anniversay 15 years,Right?
    You do have fun kids. Hope you have fun on Friday night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mom's comment makes me laugh........did she read your post? ha ha! Friday night........he he.....okay, I'm done now.

    ReplyDelete