Wednesday, December 10, 2008

That's so the drama...

Being an NFL household, we all have our teams that we cheer for. Of course, the Chicago Bears are mine, and Maxine cheers for the Washington Redskins. Jeff has decided that the New England Patriots are his team and Andrew claims the New York Giants. Regin cheers for Miley Cyrus.
So, as it stands, I try to keep up on all four teams so I know what is going on and can answer the questions of "How are (insert team name) doing?" Usually with much more detail than they care about. I think I do fairly well with the exception of Miley Cyrus. (I even had to google to get the spelling.) I don't watch as much football as I would like, mostly because I get fidgety sitting in front of the TV that long, so I make it up be doing ALOT of reading.

I was doing my Redskins homework this morning and came across an article from ESPN about Clinton Portis and Jim Zorn. It is never a good thing to call out your coach. It is especially bad when that coach is making something great happen for your team. Even though they are in a bit of a skid, they have a very promising future ahead of them. I just wonder if Clinton Portis is worried that the future will not include him. He is putting up some pretty great numbers this year, but I think it has become obvious that Jason Campbell will be their future star. He is fantastic and getting better all the time. I have mad respect for Portis and the work he does. (And has done during his career) I would love to see him stay a Redskin and put up monster numbers.
I want to see the Redskins vs. the Bears in the NFC championship every year. It won't happen, but we can wish, can't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment