Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Few Words on Neil Gaiman

I have mentioned before, and I will probably mention again, that Neil Gaiman is my favorite author. In fact, I When I list my top 10 books, his work is the vast majority of the list. Don't get me wrong, I read other authors, but most of the books on this list have been read, re-read, and read some more. In fact, #2, 3, and 4 are on at least the third copy of each. IT makes #10 for being the first book that terrified me as a kid, even if the movie was brutally bad. I tried to limit the Neil Gaiman books to a handful but a)they are too damn good, and b)I can't think of many books that are top 10 worthy.
Here is the top 10.

1. American Gods - Neil Gaiman
2. Good Omens - Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
3. Ender's Game - Orson Scott Card
4. Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams
5. The Graveyard Book - Neil Gaiman (Incidentally, that is what I am reading now. Blast me for not buying it. The library wants it back.)
6. Fragile Things - Neil Gaiman
7. Coraline - Neil Gaiman (Have I mentioned today that the movie comes out in February?)
8. Stardust - Neil Gaiman
9. Neverwhere - Neil Gaiman
10. IT - Stephen King

No comments:

Post a Comment