Friday, August 21, 2009

You are just about as useless as JPEGs to Helen Keller...

I just spent the last hour or so with my boys sitting in front of the computer talking about Weird Al Yankovic and why he is a genius. I showed them a ton of his videos and a couple of the videos they were based on.
We were laughing so hard that we missed parts of the videos and had to replay a couple.

It dawned on me as we were going through some of my old favorites that a lot of them came out when I was their ages. Unfortunately some of them weren't as funny to kids that weren't around in the time that made them funny. No matter how I tried, I couldn't get them to see that Devo was being serious in their video and Weird Al was making a parody. They thought they were both parodies.
Oh well. It is the times like these that make me so glad I am a parent and I have such wonderful kids to share fond memories with.

I didn't link to any videos but you can see a lot of them on You Tube. Embedding is blocked by Al's request.

2 comments: