Saturday, April 4, 2009

Am I happy...am I sad...am I happy...am I sad?

The other day I heard about a "big deal" trade in the NFL. It has been a well publicised story that Jay Cutler was unhappy playing for the Denver Broncos. (Who wouldn't be?) When I heard that he was traded to my Bears, I was happy, then sad, then concerned, then confused, then I wondered if it was a prank. 

And then I read the story:

Joining Bears a dream come true for Pro Bowl QB Cutler - Chicago Bears.

They traded Kyle Orton, and two first round draft picks for Cutler. While Cutler is, in my opinion, a much better QB than Orton, I really, REALLY liked Orton as the QB for my team. His style and attitude fit with how MY Bears have always played ball.

The only real experience that I have with Cutler is the whining and moaning that I have seen this off-season.

I am aprehensive but optimistic. And now I need to watch Bronco games to keep up on Orton, Jets games to keep up on Thomas Jones, and read about the Bengals (no one in their right mind watches Bengals games) to make sure Cedric Benson continues to fail. 

At least Rex Grossman hasn't been signed yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment