Sunday, November 16, 2008

I love my Bears.

But I love my family more.

That means I stopped watching today's game at halftime. Its probably a good thing.
Holy shit, it was BAD! After we got home from running a few errands, I commented to Maxine that at least I got to see the highlights before we left.
(That would be the one field goal that they managed to score and Brian Urlacher's interception)

I have been a Bears fan for my entire memorable life. Good years, bad years, in between years, all of them. There was a few years in there that I didn't follow them closely, but that is ok because they REALLY REALLY sucked during that period and I was not paying attention to any sports.

I have had so many highs and lows based on their performance. Its really an odd phenomenon. I heard someone on the radio mention once that sports fans lack perspective. They (the fans) need to realize that they care more than the athletes that participate. That person was specifically referring to NBA players but I think it holds true in all sports to some extent.
That being as it may, I will continue to spend my hard earned cash on merchandise commemorating my favorite teams. I may never go to their games for a variety of reasons but I support them however I can. (Mostly with unheard cheers, screams, and obscenities.)

I love the NFL and I enjoy watching many other sports. (Except hockey, soccer, and car racing. I don't understand any of those.) My newfound enjoyment of MMA fighting has expanded my horizons somewhat but it is still nowhere near my love of the NFL. I thought about doing a post on why I think football is the perfect sport but this post is already long enough. Maybe someday.

1 comment:

  1. You big softie you are going to make me cry. I think it is hilarious that he thinks so highly of me when he is so far out of my league. So I guess I should come clean. I am actually a witch and I cast a spell on him. I'm sure everyone will agree magic is the only logical explanation.

    ReplyDelete