Monday, October 27, 2008

The parade of joy tumbles headlong into the abyss...

Have you ever wondered why waffles need to have all those little squares?
And what makes them so much better than pancakes?
Some people think that the squares are designed to hold syrup and that is what makes them better.
That may be so. It sounds like a good theory to me.
It could also have something to do with the fact that there is more sugar in the batter.
But the real reason is all the cool stuff you can build with them.
Think about the movie 50 First Dates.
I planned to put up some really cool pictures of waffle creations but I couldn't find any. Blasted Google Images...you failed me.

Mega-bonus drooly points for anyone that finds some and posts them to the comments!

3 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Dammit Mark, now I am hungry for waffles, and it's too late to be hungry for anything!... BTW, I saw 50 first dates, but don't remember the waffles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think about when she is in the diner. She makes houses and teepees or something out of the waffles. It's one of (the many) best parts of the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found one woohoo! Mega-bonus drooly points for me.

    http://picnic.ciao.com/uk/35935.jpg

    ReplyDelete