Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Financial Crisis Hits Home

Funny story.

We have an account with Intermountain Credit Union. We got a letter a few days ago letting us know they are trying to merge with America First Credit Union.

I went to the credit union yesterday to make a cash withdrawal. As I was walking out of the branch, this lady pops out from behind a magazine rack. (The branch we go to is inside Maceys, the local grocery store) She said she was with one of the local news channels. (I don't remember which one) and wanted to ask me a couple of questions. I politely declined and got one of the most incredulous looks I have ever received in my life. It was awesome.

Anyways, we use Intermountain Credit Union because a) its convenient, b) the people are fantastic, and c) its a little credit union that is local and the people know me. I don't know if we will continue on when they merge or if we will close the account and just use the ones we have with Bank of America. Time will tell.

This is a tragic story and more evidence of Bush's War of Terror. Ok, that is not fair. It is not entirely his fault but he is easy to blame. His total disregard for small business in the face of a plummeting economy is sickening.

Here is the news aritcle from KUTV if you want to read it.

2 Utah credit unions may merge

2 comments:

  1. I have defiantly been happy with America First. No need to be worried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so picky when it comes to banks (many on the boycott list), and I have been nothing but happy with AF. Laura's right.

    ReplyDelete