Saturday, October 25, 2008

Best....Burger....Ever!

On the recommendation of a co-worker (Thanks Lourine!) I went to Five Guys Burgers and Fries for lunch yesterday.
I can easily say it was the best burger I have EVER eaten. (And believe me, I have eaten a lot of burgers.)

It was loud, it was fun, the counter staff was incredibly friendly, the fries were mmmmm, the burger, oh the burger was fanfreakintasticamazazingly good. The menu is simple. They have burgers, cheeseburgers, bacon burgers, and bacon cheeseburgers. (And smaller versions of the same.) Their strength comes in their execution. The burger was perfectly cooked and juicy. The bun was wonderfully soft. The cold toppings were crisp and (*gasp*) actually cold! The warm toppings (mushrooms and onions for me) were hot and perfect. They had a sign up telling the customer that today's fries come from potatoes grown in Burley, Idaho. I opted for the cajun fries. (An order of fries works for two people.) They were spicy but not overdone. The fries are real fries. Not the pressed, packed garbage available at most fast food places. They were a little bit underdone but still quite scrumptious.

I was worried when I first walked in. The place was packed and had a HUGE line. The efficiency with which they serve their customers is commendable. I was in line for only a quick minute or two and, as I mentioned before, the counter staff was incredibly friendly even though they were very, very busy. (And yes, I have to say counter staff because, me being me, I talked to more than one of them.)

I don't normally recommend places on my blog but I really hope you will check these guys out. I think I am going back today.

Here is the link again:
Five Guys

You have to go there or risk eternal damnation. When you go, get a Cheeseburger All the Way!

No comments:

Post a Comment