Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Making the mundane less so.

Let's be honest for a minute. Daily life is usually a collection of mundane tasks strung together in a routine that probably repeats day after day. For most people, although minor details may change, their jobs are basically the same thing over and over again.

Would you believe me if I said it doesn't need to be so? Is it possible to find excitement and joy in mundane tasks? I would like to think so. It is something I am working on myself.

I have to come clean with something here. I have, probably, the most boring, mundane, repetitive job in the world. The upside is that I get paid very well, the hours are fantastic, and there are some definite perks to the job. That being said, I need to find ways every day to make it interesting.

If you take a minute to think about your repetitious tasks, you just might be able to find a way to change them up and enjoy them.

Go in with a positive attitude and the little things will suck a little less which will make the big picture seem that much better.

Give it a try.

7 comments:

  1. Dawnita Floyd (mom)August 25, 2010 at 7:49 AM

    Okay, I will give it a try, we'll see how exciting I can make doing wash be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just can't be afraid to be silly. See if you can make Jeff laugh while folding your laundry.
    I bet if your socks talk to him or, better yet, if your socks flirt with his socks he will laugh. Give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe mom makes her socks flirt with dad's socks all the time and so that is part of her mundane day.....

    But you do have a good point, if you try to live life to the fullest it certainly makes it more exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like peeing at the elementary school?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawnita Floyd (mom)August 25, 2010 at 1:24 PM

    So you're saying I should "sock it to him" Right,get it ...ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now THAT is the Dawnita I know and love. Good call.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! I didn't pee at the elementary school, Dex did!

    ReplyDelete