Sunday, August 22, 2010

Coming Soon...ME!

Alrighty then. I had an idea. Yes, it hurt.

I've been sorting through some bullshit baggage for the last few months. Maxine is a rockstar for helping me through it.
I haven't felt like myself and I don't think I have acted very much like myself. I have been full of a lot of anger and rage and that is NEVER how I wanted to see myself or how I want others to see me.

But I have a plan now. And I think the blog has it's part to play in it.

I have set some goals for myself, the primary being to focus on living each day, and I am going to use the blog to chronicle at least some of it.
While it may be mundane things, I hope to better myself a little each day and find ways to make the world a better place. Even in minor ways. Every little thing helps.

I may not post every day. Many of the posts may be dull as shit. Look at the name of the blog. Inane Dribble. I hope that some of what I post will mean something to someone somewhere and that at least a little of it will give you ideas and inspire people to try little things to make life better for themselves and those around them.
Most people claim to have that as a goal. I, myself, have always said it. Now, it is time to actively do it.

To (somewhat)plagiarize a good movie:
"Don't worry...don't worry. I'm not gonna do... what you all think i'm gonna do, which is just FLIP OUT!! But let me just say, that there is such a thing... as manners. A way of treating people. These fish have manners. These fish have manners. In fact, they're coming with me. You can call me sentimental, but the fish are coming with me.

Now. If you come with me, this will be the moment of something new, and fun, and inspiring in this world. And we will do it together. So... who's coming with me? who's coming with me and flipper, here? Huh? Who's coming with me? WHO'S COMING WITH ME?

This is embarrassing."

In addition to these things, I will also be posting some things I find interesting or humorous, as I have done in the past. Things that bring me joy. That was the original purpose of this blog. A space for me to empty my head and share a bit of myself with the world. It is kind of a self-serving ideology but it is what it is. Either people will be interested and read it, or not. Either way it is therapeutic as hell and I am doing it.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I've been waiting for you to get back into blogging. I was starting to get sad being in the blogworld all by myself.

    ps. did you really just quote jerry maguire? That is embarrassing! j/k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you really just recognize a Jerry Maguire reference?
    How embarrassing for you. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawnita Floyd (mom)August 23, 2010 at 2:51 AM

    I'm the worlds worst blogger,but when you live in our world there isn't a whole lot to blog about! I'm looking forward to you blogging again. Some of the things you blog about I like ,some, not so much, but I always check it out, to see whats going on with you. I mean after all like it or not you are one of our's ,and we enjoy hearing about your life!

    ReplyDelete