Monday, January 25, 2010

What gets your heart pumping?

I love people. A simple statement that could mean so many things.
"love" is a funny little word. It means so many different things.
When I say I love Maxine, it means something different than when I say I love my kidlets, which is completely different from saying I love pizza. All are true, but in the three examples love means something very different.
I love people because they are fascinating. Even the most boring person you know is utterly fascinating. To see the things that different people get excited over is amazing to me.
For example, I am passionate about music. My quirky little memory stores things about music naturally. There isn't a genre of music that I don't like and haven't enjoyed. My iTunes Library (sitting at just over 1800 songs) is a mix of genres from many places in the world. I love to set it to random and let it go. Nothing like having Depeche Mode followed by Iron Maiden followed by Norah Jones followed by Wildbirds & Peacedrums. My iTunes is like a box of chocolates. Its SWEET!
Now Maxine, on the other hand, could tell you any actor that "was in that one movie, you know the one, with the girl and the guy that did the thing?" She is amazazing at it. I've never seen anything quite like it.
Shane, yes you, ya lumpy bastard, can tell you the hero, plot, and most minor characters from every book he's read since birth. (Uh-Maze-Ing)
These are just three examples. (And the most normal things that come to mind)
I could go on and on. I love solving math problems for example. Don't ask.The point being that I have always loved people watching. When you meet someone that seems as boring as butterless toast try to find out what their interests are. What they are passionate about. Chances are that you will be amazed by the things they care deeply about. Hell, you might even find out something new about yourself.

Have a great today!
Post a comment to share with the class something that you are passionate about.
(-1,000,000 points for all of you that read this but don't comment, which I know will be most of you.)

2 comments:

  1. I love my Jeff !!!!! He is the love of my life. He is like Shane with books, when you get the 2 of them together they can talk about books forever, then switch off to plumbing and do the same thing. . I love our kids even though some of them aren't to thrilled with me. I love all of our cute grandchildren. I love our animals. And I love church and our ward, they are the best! I love living in St.George, The winter's are awesome here.I love to rearrange furniture,a change is good every now and again.
    Thanks for the fun blog, I liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pride myself on knowing every song on earth, as well as every actor/actress/movie that exists. Alright, I'm exaggerating, but you get the idea. I also love scrapbooking, crocheting, cross-stitching, and most crafty things in general. I love to write, although I don't think I'm very good at it. I love my husband, and my kids.
    Scott loves computers, video games, the rubik's cube, and apparently editing videos. Just thought i'd throw that it.

    ReplyDelete