Monday, July 27, 2009

The whole world is a place and things.

So apparently I have been kind of a negative nellie lately.
That all ends today.

It just takes too much energy to walk around pissed off all the time. As some of you may know, I am fairly obsessed with Karma, the Dalai Lama, and trying to live a good, peaceful life.
Today in my readings I came across a site selling "Karma Checks." These checks come in two varieties. Good Karma and Bad Karma. The good are for handing out when someone does you a good turn. The bad, obviously, when you perceive you are wronged.
I found humor in these until I really started to think about it. The good checks are fine but individuals do not have the perspective to judge another persons bad behavior. That, and handing a bad check to someone is a good way to get punched in the head.

Remember to take a few minutes every day to reflect on yourself.
Remember the words of the Dalai Lama:
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

That is what everything boils down to.

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F25ZjdQaG0

No comments:

Post a Comment