Monday, July 6, 2009

Clumsiness is hereditary

Poor Regin, she gets clumsiness from both sides. We all went to our neighbors pool party on sunday afternoon. It was a very good time other than the one time Regin tried to give me a heart attack by jumping into the deep end, and the last 10 minutes. Just before it was time to leave Regin was running by the side of the pool when she slipped and bounced her face off of the pavement. She chipped both of her front teeth (one pretty bad), and one of them became loose. It also bled quite a bit, made her face swollen, and she bit her lip. She kept ice on it for a few hours last night. This morning Mark took a few hours off work to get her to the dentist and the orthodontist. The dentist fixed the chips and the orthodontist Wired her teeth so that they dont fall out. They have to stay wired for a few months, hopefully everthing works out.
On a side note, she had a wonderful time at camp, and learned tons of usefull outdoorsy skills.
Here are some before and after pics from this morning of our beautiful, brave girl.


P1000223.JPG

4 comments:

  1. Holy crap!! Poor Regin, but at least you were able to get it taken care of fast. I'm glad I didn't witness it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawnita Floyd (mom)July 6, 2009 at 12:08 PM

    Poor Regin, I guess it was bound to happen that she would be just a little clumsey, It's a good thing that good looks are hereditary also, cause she's one cute little girl, i mean preteen girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, that poor girl. I remember I did the same thing in sixth grade, at school. Mom had to come get me and take me to the dentist, it sucked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor girl. I am glad you were able to get her to a dentist quickly.

    ReplyDelete