Friday, July 3, 2009

A few random thoughts

It is the 4th of July weekend. Good times! Today I have a (much needed) day off from work and it has me thinking.

Sometimes I have a tendency to get a little negative. I struggle with keeping a positive outlook on things and focus on the things that are not going exactly how I want them to. I like to think that I am generally a positive, easy going person but that may not be true.
I thought it was about damn time I made a post of things that I am grateful for right now so I can quit whining and get along with things.

In no particular order:
1) I have Maxine. I know, I know, you are probably sick of my sappy blathering about how wonderful she is but she is my everything.
2) The four most wonderful kids. Four? Yes, that is right. I count Michael. Although he isn't mine by birth and I only see him "part-time" he is very much a part of our family.
3) Maxine's family. All of them. Even the stinky ones. (You know who you are) They have always accepted me for who I am and filled the holes in my heart that needed filling. They are not "in-laws" they are family. They are my family.
4) I tend to keep the list of people I consider friends pretty short. (If you don't count family and co-workers) We have some pretty damn awesome friends right next door and have reconnected with a few others that we haven't talked to in years. It's pretty great.
5) Qqest. Try pronouncing it. I dare you. I have a great job. Sometimes it stresses me out. Sometimes I work ALOT of hours. Most days I have a blast. The work is challenging and consistent. I am fairly compensated. I love the people I work with and I have an awesome boss.
6) Stability. Bottom line...I have a safe, stable, and fun environment to live in with Maxine and the kids. We are all healthy, happy, and strong. (even if I am a little too "healthy")
I have absolutely nothing to complain about but minor annoyances especially when I look around and see what others are going through.

On a side note, my sister, Rebecca, and her family came through town on vacation this week. We got to spend a few hours hanging out and getting to know them. It was really nice to see them. I haven't spent time with her or her husband in about 20 years. I had never met their wonderful children and it was great to let my boys hang out with her kids at the park. (Poor Regin missed it while she was at camp.)

Have a great long weekend!

4 comments:

  1. your negativity isn't really negativity......its funny, right? Your just being funny........I don't know, but I never really thought of you as a negative person. But, I'm glad your grateful for Maxines family, cause we're grateful for you.....well at least I am........I guess I can't speak for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. how do you pronounce Qqest, there's no u, I don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would pronounce it as if there was a "u". From what I have been told, it used to be an acronym that no longer makes sense based on the software and service offerings that we offer today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawnita Floyd (mom)July 4, 2009 at 4:27 AM

    I'm gratefull for some of the same things you are grateful for also...Maxine ,your children, and of course you ,I love all of you. (Am I one of the stinky ones) I enjoyed reading your post, sometimes it does the soul good to accentuate the positives. Thanks for sharing. See you next week!.

    ReplyDelete