Sunday, February 14, 2010

Love is in the air....or do I have gas?

Nothing says love like a manufactured holiday designed to sell worthless shit that no one needs (or really wants). If you want it to be successful, stick in in winter. Not too close to Christmas, maybe right around the Super Bowl...

Wave the magic wand and....here is Valentine's day.

Don't get me wrong. I am a hopeless romantic. I love my Maxine very much. Everyone reading this knows that.

But I hate...HATE...Valentines day.

If you love someone you don't need a "special" day to let them know. You should let them know everyday.
Why do you need to spend $40.00 on a dozen roses that will die in a couple of weeks? Or buy an overpriced box of "not-so-great" chocolates just because they come in a heart shaped box?

Piss on it all, I say.
You show your love by what you do, not what you buy. If you truly, deeply, and completely love someone they don't need you to buy them anything. You will be sensitive to their needs and *WANT* to take care of them. You don't need the media blitz telling you what he/she wants or what you should buy. You will already know what they want and be working with every breath to provide it.

4 comments:

  1. well said. Valentines day really is lame! And the chocolate sucks! Marde sent some for our kids and it tasted like wax!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My apologies for pushing our holiday agenda on your children today. We will try to remember next year....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't say that!!! My kids celebrate Valentine's day. They love that you guys give them valentines.
    The sins of the father in no way reflect the views of the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, giving out Valentine's isn't something I push on the kids, it's something they love to do. They want to make sure your kids are included in who they love so I'm very glad to hear that. And by the way, I tasted one of those suckers and it was pretty delicious if I do say so myself:)

    ReplyDelete