Sunday, November 13, 2011

Once Upon A Time

A few weeks ago, Maxine and I started watching a new show. (Ok, a few new shows)
I don't generally get in to TV much. I don't have the attention span to sit through most shows and I don't have the memory to keep plot lines and stories straight in my head from week to week. (Which is also why I don't do well with book or movie series.)

 That being said, there are a couple of shows that I think are really good right now.
(all images pulled from IMDB)


Big Bang Theory - Not a new one, but it is one that I really like. Most episodes keep me engaged enough to make it through.


The New Girl - This is hands down the FUNNIEST show I have ever seen on TV. I don't think I have ever been bored watching it and several times every episode Maxine or I will laugh out loud. It's hilarious.


Once Upon A Time - A pretty cool show. A drama, which isn't normally my thing, but it has an interesting concept. It's an hour long show so I struggle to sit through it but that is more about me than the show itself.


I was really interested to see American Horror Story, but I didn't remember when it was on so I haven't seen it.


I also had a brief love for Wilfred, which is delightfully dark and funny but I forget to watch it.


 Let me know if you've seen these and what you think. Are there any shows that you just love and look forward to?

3 comments:

  1. I watch hardly any tv these days, and have never even heard of most of these shows. The only shows I watch are the ones that automatically record on my dvr every week. The big bang theory is one, then there's Community, and Two broke girls (which is only on there because Scott thinks the main chick (named Max actually)is hot. I might have to check out the new girl! I don't have patience for hour long dramas anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely check out The New Girl. Maxine likes Two Broke Girls too. (She says its because of the sarcastic humor. I say because she loves shows with her name for the main character.) I watched part of American Horror Story. I would not recommend it for you. It was pretty racy (some nudity and strong sexual content) which I think detracted from the overall story line. The strong sexual content ruined it for me. I was really into the premise and story but I ended up turning it off about half way through the first episode. It made me uncomfortable. I don't think I will go back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, I love American Horror Story! While I agree that it is a bit on the edge... Not every show has the sexual content but I can see how it's not for everyone. It's my watercooler show for Thursday mornings. New Girl is hilarious.I love Zooey:)

    ReplyDelete