Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Sports Hangover

3 months and 3 days. That is how long I have to wait for a team I care about to take the field.

Last night the Utah Jazz were eliminated from the playoffs in a blowout. I wasn't going to watch it.

I did.

They fought hard. They never gave up. They made me proud to be a Jazz fan. I sat here in the dark, being as quiet as I could, watching my team go down in flames while the rest of the family slept.
This morning I woke up with a hangover. It is inexplicable. Most people that have ever drank a little too much know the joy that is a hangover. Funny thing is, I haven't had an alchoholic drink in a Looooooong time.

As I sit here drinking my tea, it happens to be Lipton Blackberry this morning, I am left to wonder what it is about watching your favorite teams play that can cause such highs and lows. I don't really have an answer but it is fascinating. As much as I get worked up over the Jazz, it is NOTHING compared to watching the Bears play.

The next three months are a low spot for me in my sports watching year. My Bears first pre-season game is August 14. Between now and then, its all rumors, rumors of rumors, and long spells of nothing to watch but baseball and occasionally golf.

No comments:

Post a Comment